Saturday, May 7, 2011

True Motherhood

 My first Mother's Day was back in 2005, when I was 25 weeks pregnant with my little girl, Olivia Anne.  I saved a little poem Mom placed in my card... I happened to find it again just a few days ago.  I used to think, "Wow, we're gonna have a baby...  I'm bringing new life in to existence!"  What a huge moment for our little one, on her first day in our world.  Only, she wasn't the only one beginning a new and wonderfully different life... 


Motherhood

The dearest gifts that heaven holds,
the very finest, too,
Were made in to one pattern
that was perfect, sweet, and true.
The angels smiled, well pleased, and said,
"Compared to all the others,
this pattern is so wonderful
let's use it just for mothers!"
And through the years, a mother
has been all that's sweet and good,
For there's a bit of God and love
in all true Motherhood.


I could never foresee how much love I'd feel, cradling that sweet baby girl in my arms.  When she cried I'd gently say, "Mommy's here, shh, Mommy's right here..."  She's still my baby girl, as she always will be, I've realized.  As she gets older I love her just as much as in those first precious moments.  I might have brought her life in to existence, but she brought new life to mine.  I thank God for sending such a wonderful gift my way.  Thank you God, for true Motherhood!  

Happy Mother's Day!!!      

1 comment:

  1. Linda sua filha! Parabéns. Estou grávida de 17 semanas e penso também nessa nova vida que estou gerando!

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa